Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Wikipedia...I hate it.

You can be certain that I will be talking about Wikipedia (and Twitter) on *SPARK* . Once again, the internet waves are buzzing with an issue over Wikipedia's sister site and one of their contributing editors. I still can't stand Wikipedia. I still do not care to use the site except for the one thing it is good for - Urban legends and internet slang. I don't care if people edit those.

I remember not too long ago a friend who is a professor was telling me if his students reference Wikipedia, he marks the paper incomplete. I applaud him for that. However, a younger person who heard it was very upset and tried to justify themselves. Too bad they had no idea what they were talking about.

Wikipedia is not an encyclopedia . Wikipedia is edited and, written by any yutz who can get an account and type on a computer. Wikipedia is not a huge source for all of this amazing information. It can be defaced, and incorrect. Try a real encyclopedia or, a website with some good sources. Heck, use the Discovery Kids website ..just don't use Wikipedia.

1 comment:

Golavar said...

I like Wikipedia for random Star Wars information.