Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What I Do and SPARK

Recently, some questions have been asked about what it is I do for a living Maybe I can explain it better.

On one hand, I'm a voice actor. I'm not a professional. It's something I love doing and, really enjoy. Maybe one day I will be a professional. That would be awesome.

I've been in a few machinima and, I got my “break” voicing the female lead in the upcoming game “Conquest of Heroes” from Burning Man Studios . I do talk about that as often as I can because, it's very exciting. I love being a part of the cast of the machinima I work in and, I love being a part of the Burning Man crew.

On the other hand, I do Public Relations for a living.I have mentioned this on the show. I've been challenged that SPARK could be a “show off” for my clients. Well...I can break that down for you guys pretty easy.

I will be truthful with you about this. I have no reason not to be truthful about it. I don't hide what I do for a living and I don't hide the fact it can sometimes intersect with the podcast. I don't mind that at all. It's great that I can do something fun and, have it be a part of promoting a client.

SPARK is a show to talk about “What sparks your interest”. Many people who listen follow some of the work I do for voice acting. Because of that, they ask questions about it. So..if you want to hear about something and, I happen to be working with that organization it's killing two birds with one stone for me.

Who I represent I can not always talk about openly. However, I can tell you the following about who I represent (as far as the people I talk about often are concerned).I do represent The Geek Media . I am also a founding member of The Geek Media..so representing them makes plenty of sense. The rest of the people and organizations I work with, I do not officially represent. I have done some consultations with a couple of others but, I haven't been contracted as anyone full time yet. I've given others some free advice just being friendly.

Now, if any of them do ask to contract me, I would definitely accept it. I know these people. I have worked with them in the past and, being able to work with them again or, continue to work with them and help them grow would be wonderful.

SPARK and my job are not the same thing. One is a hobby and entertainment. The other is a job. Sometimes..I'm one of those blessed people that can do both at once. That's all. I hope this cleared up any of the questions being asked.

No comments: