Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Stargate Worlds

...Wait a minute! Man, I really need to stop playing World of Warcraft. This is the second time I missed something good. A random bit of chatter after rehearsing some dialogue tonight gave me this gem. Thanks for the heads up, Chris (yeah, he's one of the dudes @ Burning Man Studios) .

Stargate Worlds is an MMORPG for..Stargate! One could say they're cashing in on the huge sci-fi series and movie. You could say that...until you go web searching for some trailers. (Hint; check gametrailers.com for the debut trailer). Then, you may think again.

For me, a game needs to show me good aesthetics and a good story to be a good game. We already know Stargate has a great story behind it. Being able to see something like this shows off some of the beautiful graphics the game is promising. The sneak peek of the game on the website shows me this could become a new favorite.

For reference. I'm an SG-1 fan. I didn't like Atlantis at all. Let the nerd rage wars begin!

1 comment:

Warmaiden said...

I like both series but I am an Atlantis fan first.

I started watching SG1 back when it was on Showtime and always fell in, then out, then in again depending on the reruns but it was always hard for me to stand more than a handful of episodes at a time. I like O’Neil but I always felt his character was flat. I can’t get into people that aren’t serious and make to many wise cracks. He was the most entertaining and I love the actor, but he is hard for me to stay with sometimes. Jackson I only liked much later in the series, Teal’c is cool no matter what and Carter, don’t even let me get started on her. I really got into the show towards the end, namely when Ben Browder and Claudia Black joined the show. I was huge Farscape fan anyways. I didn’t like the Ark of Truth movie though. It just wasn’t a satisfying ending for me.

I’ve always like Atlantis much more. The first season was hard to get into but by the time they removed Lt. Ford and brought in Ronan then the show really took off for me. I like the characters better, which are more entertaining, thought out and funnier. The whole cast has better chemistry. When they brought in Carter I wanted the throw up. She so didn’t belong in that series and thank god they aren’t brining her back.

Christopher